Wednesday 6 August 2008

Square Completed

I thought that, given that I am starting to bore the pants off my remaining reader with maths, that I would start another blog - a maths one, in order to ponder, meander, bore and generally think about maths.

As you may or may not care, I am studying A Level Maths: by profession I am an English and primary teacher. I have had "issues" with maths since around 1986, when a few doses of being ritually humilaiated in front of the class, being told to do weird things like "borrowing" and having masses of hard fractions to do cocked everything up - until then I had always been top of the class in maths and English. I had a fantastic Maths teacher for GCSE and, for a while, for AS Maths - but eventually I had to give it up as I was trying for Oxford, plus it was too hard.

So, this year giving me this year's stuff, I decided to take up the maths again and see if I could be brighter than I was at 18, or as bright as I was at 9, or just not completely crap at maths.

Please be warned that if you are coming here looking for expert comment or knowledgeable input, you are in the wrong place. I know next to nothing at all about maths and I am trying to get some sort of handle on it at A Level: I claim no authority of any kind. Anything I write here comes with the caveat "I know nothing at all about maths".

Unlike over at TTD of course...

No comments: